Raspberry Dark Chocolate Oat Milk Ice Cream
Everyone needs a go-to ice cream recipe during these hot summer days. This one by Two Sisters and a Stove calls for only five simple ingredients and combines two of the best flavors - rich dark chocolate and a summer favorite, raspberries!
This ice cream stays fresh in the freezer for around one month (if you can make it last that long), so it’s perfect to make ahead and save for those late night sweet tooth cravings.
No ice cream machine? No problem!
Two Sisters and a Stove used an ice cream maker in their rendition, but this recipe is compatible with a blender, too. All you need to do is throw the ingredients in your blender, pulse until combined, and freeze for a few hours until it’s firm enough to scoop.
Opt for a homemade chocolate sauce
Making chocolate sauce at home is surprisingly easy! The recipe below calls for only five ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. Plus, when you make a homemade sauce, you are skipping all of the additives and high fructose corn syrups found in the store-bought versions. On top of that, unsweetened cocoa powder like that used in the recipe below is rich in antioxidants and great for heart health.
Dark Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
Dark Chocolate Sauce Instructions
- Place cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a saucepan (without heat) and whisk until combined
- Add cold water and mix
- Place saucepan on burner at a medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer and stir constantly for 30 seconds
- Remove saucepan from heat
- Once sauce is cooled completely, stir in vanilla extract
- Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate to thicken
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to two weeks
Raspberry Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups Willa’s Creamy Oat Milk (Unsweetened Original works, too)
- 1-2 tbsp dark chocolate syrup
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate or mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Raspberry Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Instructions (with ice cream maker)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- Let mixture chill for 30 minutes
- Once chilled, pour mixture into ice cream maker and churn until it reaches ice cream consistency (around 20 minutes)
- Scoop it up and drizzle with your dark chocolate sauce
Raspberry Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Instructions (with blender)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until incorporated
- Pour ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for ~5 hours
- Scoop it up and enjoy!
- Store covered in freezer for up to one month
For more oat milk recipes, browse our recipe page.