Pumpkin (Dairy-Free) Cream Cheese Muffins
Recipe and photo by Amanda Luu of @drinkalt
We can’t get enough of pumpkin baked goods during the fall.
It’s fall dessert time and we are suckers for a delicious pumpkinny treat, especially when it’s made with real pumpkin and real ingredients. We love the combo of pumpkin, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, ginger, and clove in so many formats. We were thrilled when Amanda Luu of @drinkalt on Instagram came up with this recipe with Willa’s Oat Milk.
Muffins for breakfast with Amanda’s Maple Oat Milk Latte or for dessert :)
These oat milk pumpkin muffins are the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee or as a dessert. Amanda made them with an oat milk iced latte with maple syrup. She’s an expert when it comes to drink recipes so we’ve included her maple latte recipe as well below.
Make them dairy free!
Those of us who are lactose intolerant, going for an anti-inflammatory diet (most of the time), avoiding casein, or just want to take a break from dairy in general, can easily make this recipe with dairy-free cream cheese. We’ll leave it up to you.
Why we love baking with oat milk...
Oat milk has the ability to make breads and all kinds of baked goods extra fluffy without a lot of oil. In fact, when our mother, a lifelong baker, started baking with oat milk she was shocked at how easy it was to create a fluffy quick bread. It also means that you get a bit of added protein and fiber from Willa’s Oat Milk because we use the entire whole oat, which means we have all the protein and fiber from the oats. Willa’s is akin to an artisanal whole grain bread in a category of options that are often more similar to a white bread in their nutritional profile.
Pumpkin (Dairy-Free) Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe with Willa’s Oat Milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Willa's Kitchen oat milk
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon Willa's Oat Milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.5 tablespoon flour
Pumpkin pie seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.
- Add in wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter to fill each muffin tins about 1/2 full, leaving room for additional cream cheese filling.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese filling ingredients and transfer to a piping bag. Insert tip of piping bag into each filled muffin tin and pipe into centers of batter until nearly 2/3 full.
- Optional: top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Amanda’s Oat Milk Maple Iced Latte
1 shot espresso or 1/4 cup brewed coffee
3/4 cup Willa's Oat Milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup (additional to taste)
- Combine all ingredients into serving glass and enjoy. For best texture, froth oat milk.
For a pumpkin spiced latte recipe made with real pumpkin, check out Rachel at the Facility Denver’s Recipe for Oat Milk Pumpkin Spice Creamer.
And find more recipes from Willa’s here.