One-Pot Spinach and Green Pea Pasta with Oat Milk
It is no secret that we are fans of easy recipes here at Willa’s. And if we can find ones that use a minimal amount of dishes that is a huge win-win! So naturally, we were very excited when functional nutritionist, Kate Daugherty (@katelyndaughertyy on Instagram), shared this one-pot pasta recipe. This dish cooks in a mixture of broth and Willa’s Oat Milk and includes a colorful array of veggies!
A fresh summer dinner
You can bet we will be bookmarking this recipe to come back to all summer long. Kate describes it as bright and fresh since it is packed with lemon, green peas, spinach, carrots, and Willa’s Organic Oat Milk. That’s a lot of goodness! This pasta is filling but does not leave you feeling weighed down which is exactly what we look for in a go-to summer weeknight dinner recipe.
Make it your own, make it vegan!
As more gardens start to bloom we find ourselves with more produce than we know what to do with. Recipes like this are perfect to throw a few extra veggies into and adapt to your personal taste and pantry. You could swap the spinach for kale or carrots for parsnips. You can even switch things up with your noodle of choice. Penne is used here but any shortcut noodle will do! Fresh herbs, red pepper flakes, and nutritional yeast (our favorite vegan replacement for Parmesan cheese) are all possible additions suggested by Kate. And for our vegan friends, you know the drill, swap the bone for veggie broth to make this recipe completely plant-based!
Pasta dishes like this keep well in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days. For a warm day, try eating it cold! Or you can reheat it with some additional broth. This version serves about two so you can share it with someone else or save the other half for the next day’s lunch. Feel free to cut the recipe in half for just one serving or double it to serve the family or for meal prepping.
One-Pot Pasta Recipe
2 cups Bone or Vegetable Broth
⅓ cup Red Onion chopped
2 cloves Garlic minced
½ tsp Oregano
½ Lemon Zest and Juice, divided
1 ½ cups Gluten-Free Pasta Chickpea, Lentil, or Brown Rice
½ cup Frozen Peas
½ cup Frozen Rainbow Carrots
1 cup Baby Spinach
- Add a few splashes of broth to a heavy-bottomed pot along with the onion and garlic.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for three to five minutes or until the onions have softened.
- Add the oregano and lemon zest and cook for another minute until fragrant
- Add the remaining broth and the oat milk to the pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Stir in the pasta and cook, stirring often, for eight to 10 minutes or until the pasta is just tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. If the pot gets too dry add more broth as needed.
- Add the peas, carrots, spinach, and lemon juice to the pasta and stir to combine. Cook for one to two minutes more until the vegetables are warmed through.
- Season with salt or additional lemon juice if needed.
- Divide between bowls and enjoy!
Check out Kate’s website for more recipes like this one.
You may also like our Oat Milk Kimchi Pasta recipe!